Monday, October 09, 2006

How things change

It's been a while since I was here. A lot has chnaged in those 7 months.
I have since gotten divorced - 31 July. I also moved in with my mom while I sell the house - to move to a smaller. Xh is staying at my house - that's a whole other post.

LO is doing great. He started walking on 30 September, just19 days short of his first birthday. He still has no teeth though, not even one. He laughs, he gives kisses, he waves and most days he is healthy. Once in a while an ear infection or a blocked nose bother's him, but he is generally a healthy lovable child.

Good thing he is so lovable, because he loves attention, and he gets it. Not just from me, but from anyone who has the pleasure of meeting him. He gives the biggest smiles to strangers, takes my money out of my wallet at till-points to give to cashiers, waves to anyone who looks at him. And don't they just give him a lot of love back. It's probably something that every mother says, but I haven't met anyone who doesn't like him.

He loves dogs. I'm not yet sure how they feel about him yet - haven't wanted to let him near the neighbour's dogs yet. He even knows how to 'woo-woo', just like them. On Saturday I took him for a walk down the road and it was a fight to keep him from going right up to the dogs behind the fences. I just wouldn't want his precious fingers to get bittned by one of them, so I keep him from them. A friend's dog is having babies within the next week, so I'll take him there to go play with the little ones. I just home the mommy lets us.

I'm doing ok. I have great days, and I have some days when i just wonder how things will work out in the long run. Getting divorced was the best thing I could have done, but now I have to deal with XH - because of LO. At first things were great between us. The problem came when he missed his first rent payment (remember he is living in my house). With all the accusations of my selfishness flying around, I have decided to let him stay at the house and I will put it on the market on 1 November. I hope he will be willing to let the agent and potential buyers in to see the house, but if he doesn't, I have someone who will kick him out. I'll then have to put my stuff in storage and get a security guard to look after the house while it's been sold. Either way, his living situation is not my problem anymore.

I promise to update here pretty often. Promise.

1 comment:

Mamacita Tina said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. You've been through a lot. During those stressful times, look at your beautiful child to find some relief.