Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Baby on back

Yesterday afternoon thera was a cash-in-transit heist in the middle of Joburg town. At the same time, a mother with her 1 year old on her back was walking in the area. Amid the gunshots, she realised that her back was wet. This was from the childs blood.

How many more people have to die before the goverment does something about the crime rate? The police department is busy building and updgrading mortuaries for all the dead bodies instead of upgrading their systems and people so they can catch the criminals and therefore decrease the murders going on.

If Thabo Mbeki concentrated more on crime, than how arrogant people were, maybe this country would be the dream that all it's residents (except the politicians) want it to be.

2 comments:

Mamacita Tina said...

That poor mother. I need to go hug my babies now.

Mama Bones said...

I know how you feel. I had a lump in my throat just watching the news.