Friday, October 13, 2006

Stay in bed!!

M has just started a very bad habbit. You see, I love sleeping in. Since I had M I haven't slept past 7:30am, but I could live with that. For the past 5 mornings M has been waking up at 5. The birds aren't even up yet!! Ok they are but he is not a bird!! If I wasn't ani unnecessary meds I'd give him some at 4, so at least he stays asleep till 7. Tomorrow is Saturday. If I want to stay sane for the day, I'd better get into bed as soon as I put him to bed.

Another mommy was telling me that her LO has never slept past 6, and she is now 2 years old. How she hasn't yet killed anyone is a mystery to me. Once in a while I forget the housework & dishes and full nappy bin and take a nap with M. That's the only thing that keeps me sane. My mom has been promising to take him overnight, but I think the though of waking up multiple times at night and still waking up early is making her drag her feet. It scared the living daylights out of me and I have no choice.

Yesterday I put him in the bed next to me. When he woke up, I gave him a bottle and went back to sleep. I then spent 15 minutes trying to ignore his carryings on next to me. When he got tired of trying to get my attention nnicely, he slapped me awake. As soon as I opened my eyes, he plants a big wet, sloppy kiss on my lips and gives me the biggest smile. Who could be mad a bout being slapped if that's the reward? That smile is going to break hearts one day i tell you.

Besides the early wake up calls, one more thing worries me. Actually, it used to worry me, now I just wonder why it happens. What is it about dirty bath water that makes my boy want to slurp it all up? I've figured out that it wont kill him - it hasn't since he started slurping it about 5 months ago - I've now added watered down aqeous cream to the list of safe foods. But I still can't figure out what fascinates him so. But the again, I still can't figure out what it is about emptying the kitchen bin that fascinates him.

At first I thought it was the bubbles that he tried to eat. But now he has started doing it in clean water, so there goes my theory. The water goes up his nose (one less part of the body to clean) and sometimes goes into his eyes - he hasn't yet figured out that if he closes his eyes he can sort this little problem out. When his little face comes up from the water, the killer smile is now even more dangerous. Sometimes I think he questions why I don't join him - quizzing eyes and lots of babble - but since I'm not proficeient in M-talk yet - I can't be sure. Maybe he is just telling me how wonderful the water tastes. I really hope he doesn't pee in the water, the thought of him drinking watered-down & peed on aqeous cream is enough to stop baths till he can understand that he is not supposed to drink the water. But then I either have to sponge him off till then, or live with mouldy baby smell. I'll take my chances with the pee.

1 comment:

Mama Bones said...

You mean it's worse for some of the m ommies out there? And you say it only lasts afew weeks, right? He'll be a year old in 2 days.